Health Insurance for Germans abroad, foreigners in Germany and traveler
Reisecare at a glance
Maximum entry age
Notice of termination
Proof of insurance
AWP P&C S.A.
Niederlassung für Deutschland
85609 Aschheim (bei München)
The travel health insurance does not include insurance cover for*:
- Treatment and other medically defined measures which are the reason for travel
- Treatment and other medically defined measures, the necessity of which was known to the insured person, or which under the given circumstances should have been reckoned with, before the planned start of travel or at the time the policy was concluded
- Dental treatment other than analgesic treatment and repairs to dentures and provisional inlays
- Massage and wellness treatment, mud packs and lymphatic drainage as well as the acquirement of artificial limbs and other aids
- Treatment of alcohol or drug-related illnesses and other addictions and their consequences, including return hospital transport, as well as treatment or placement due to infirmity, the need for nursing care or custody
- Delivery after the 36th week of pregnancy as well as abortions and consequences thereof
- Treatment of psychiatric or mental disorders, as well as hypnotism and psychotherapy – including associated medication
- Injuries suffered as a result of active participation in competitions organised by sport organisations and related training
- Restrictions: expeditions, damages that are intentionally cause by the insured person, damages caused by strikes, pandemics, nuclear energy, war or war-like situations, seizure or similar inventions by public authorities and/or force majeure – as well as damages in territories, for which the German Department of Foreign Affairs has issued a travel warning. If an insured person is at such a location at a time when a travel warning is issued, insurance cover ends 14 days after the issuance of the travel warning. This does not apply to states in which there has already been war, civil war, or in which such circumstances could be foreseen.
- In Germany, medical and dental treatment as an outpatient is reimbursed at the 1.8 fold rate of the Scale of Medical Fees (GOÄ) or the Scale of Dental Fees (GOZ) at the maximum in accordance with § 2 AVB RK MR; services mainly of a medico-technical nature are reimbursed at a 1.3 fold rate at the maximum, laboratory services at a 1.15 fold rate at the maximum. The costs of inpatient hospital treatment according to § 2 No. 1 and 2 AVB RK MR are reimbursed according to the applicable regular rate of the local health insurance responsible for the locality.
* The insurance terms and conditions of the Allianz Worldwide Partners for MAWISTA Reisecare are legally binding. Download MAWISTA Reisecare Travel Accident & Liability Cover.
Notificate claims online under: